Graduating Already!
Today Nathan graduated from the nursery at church. Since he is doing so well at walking he was "graduated" to the toddler classroom. Next week when we go we will be dropping him off in a new classroom with bigger kids and bigger toys. The graduation makes sense since Nathan has been bigger than the other kids in the nursery for about 6 months and was the oldest today by a long shot. I looked in the window of the toddler room and saw kids that looked more his age and size (although they still looked smaller of course!) I'm sure he will do fine and hopefully he will even have a fun time, BUT I can't help but be a little sad. I cannot believe how fast my baby is growing up. He is walking all over the place, outgrowing clothes and toys, and talking up a storm in his own little language. For some reason this graduation really hit me that my baby is now a toddler. I have held up pretty well with all of the learning and changing he has gone through but I'm finding a pretty sizable lump in my throat tonight over thinking about it. Sometimes I just want to rock him in the rocking chair and hold him forever.
With all of these new changes I really enjoy the time that Nathan and I have together. I love when he wants me to read to him and finds the perfect book and holds it up to me looking at me with his big brown eyes. I love when he wants to snuggle against me when he is watching his favorite episode of Sesame Street. And I really love it when he gives me all kinds of kisses right before he goes to bed. Growing up or not, I love my baby boy more than I could have ever imagined!
"Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up"
-Taylor Swift