Really?!

Nathan and Casey's personalities are bursting through right now and I am loving watching them shine. Some days I feel like I am raising a comedian with the things Nathan says and does. A while back he picked up saying "really" in a funny/sarcastic way. It came through something like this: 

Me: Nathan, it's time for bed.
Nathan: Really?!
Or
Me: Nathan, you need to eat all your dinner.
Nathan: Really?!
And
Nathan, I was a little kid like you
Really?!


Every once and a while he changes it to "no way!" He says it like he just can't believe what I am telling him or like I'm talking nonsense. It's like he went from 3 to 13!

Lately I have also been saying "really?" a lot also. I remember being worried, right before I had Casey, that I was ruining Nathan's life by bringing someone else into his world. I was worried it might be too soon, he was still such a baby, and wondered if would he be jealous and miserable because if her. I think of that time now and say, really?! Nathan had a whole 2 jealous episodes when we welcomed Casey home and they have bonded more and more every day since then.

19 months later and Nathan and Casey are great friends. She calls him "nay-nay" and he often calls her "Case." He tells her she is pretty and beautiful and she plays in the dirt and with trucks to be like him. They chase each other around the house and jump on their trampoline (and bed, and couch) together.  They definitely fight and get a little too rough at times but they also laugh the loudest and have the most fun with each other.

I am so glad that we had them when we did and that they will always have each other to play with and grow up next to.  They are little best friends.







(This is my favorite picture of them together; playing in the sunshine, chasing each other with pure joy on their faces. I love what they have done for each other and it is absolutely impossible to describe what they have done for me.  (I also love Atari in the background!)) 

Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Time Flies