Week 27
Yesterday I began my 27th week of pregnancy. Already this little girl is very different from her big brother. I feel like I breezed through my pregnancy with Nathan while this one has been a roller coaster ride. In week 27 our little girl is already more active than Nathan was in my 9th month of pregnancy with him. I feel her kick, punch, squirm and flip all day and most of the night long. I often sit and can actually watch the movement taking place in my belly. In week 27 this time around I feel about as big as I did in month 9 of my pregnancy with Nathan. I mean, I feel HUGE! I am happy to hear from my observers I am still mostly "all belly" but we are talking one big belly! I already have a bit of difficulty getting comfortable sitting and sleeping and getting dressed and up and down are turning out to be interesting physical obstacles. I am often shocked at how drastically different two pregnancies in the same belly can be! Despite the challenges I remain blessed. I am blessed to carry this life inside of me. It may be uncomfortable at times but I do love feeling her presence each and every day.
Nathan often keeps me too busy to focus on the unpleasantries of pregnancy and helps to keep me very active. We have been enjoying long walks with Atari when the weather is nice and spend time outside every day with his massive ball collection and playing in the dirt. Nathan now knows where baby is, he points to my stomach when we ask where she is and gives her hugs when we ask him to. He is working on learning her name so that he can share it with everyone. He doesn't have it down just yet but is still trying.
Yesterday we bought the crib and changing table that will soon go into our nursery. When I see the mattress it really drives home the idea that in just about 10 short weeks we will be a family of 5 and a little baby will be sleeping (hopefully) in her new crib.
I am truly blessed.
Nathan often keeps me too busy to focus on the unpleasantries of pregnancy and helps to keep me very active. We have been enjoying long walks with Atari when the weather is nice and spend time outside every day with his massive ball collection and playing in the dirt. Nathan now knows where baby is, he points to my stomach when we ask where she is and gives her hugs when we ask him to. He is working on learning her name so that he can share it with everyone. He doesn't have it down just yet but is still trying.
Yesterday we bought the crib and changing table that will soon go into our nursery. When I see the mattress it really drives home the idea that in just about 10 short weeks we will be a family of 5 and a little baby will be sleeping (hopefully) in her new crib.
I am truly blessed.