My Poor Deserted Blog

I have heard from a lot of people that I have a LOT of catching up to do on my blog.  I am well aware of how behind I am and it isn't for lack of material that is for sure.  In a word my reason for being so behind is simply exhaustion.  The last 10 weeks (my blog leave of absence) has worn me to the ground.  Besides working, chasing after my rambunctious little toddler and being (very!) pregnant I have attended a bridal shower, my baby shower, two weddings and thrown two birthday parties.  I have written at least 5 blogs in my head but never found the energy to sit at the computer and type them out.   My extremely large belly has found me more physically tired than ever before and I have to admit the emotions have hit me hard as well.  I like to think I am a pretty tough person but when your baby turns 2, you are a part of one of your two best friends getting married and you have a little girl due in just a few weeks you tend to fall victim to the cheesy, stereotypical, emotional pregnant woman syndrome.  I have had a million emotions going through my mind these past few weeks and even though I would love to get them all written down I just don't think I have it in me; at least not now (I can't stay up that late!)  So instead I will share some of the pictures from the past few weeks.  I may be tired and worn down but I have been blessed with beautiful people in my life who make everything worth it.

My mom threw me a beautiful baby shower to welcome our little girl on April 21st, the same day as my mom's birthday.  It was a perfect day and I was so blessed with my family and friends who attended.



On April 27 Nathan turned 2 years old.  Ray and I took him to the Safari Park in Palm Dessert to celebrate.  That following Sunday we had a birthday party at our home to celebrate him.  Both were fantastic days!

 Opening his gifts from Ray and I.  I love how happy and sweet he looks here.

 Riding in style to the animal park.

 Watching a giraffe in amazement.

 The giraffe


 Ants! (Whenever Nathan finds a bug he points to it and says Ewww!)

 2nd Birthday Party

 Taking a ride with Paige

 And being pulled by his Auntie Christy.

 He really liked this!

 Nathan's friends and cousin Sean

 Nathan decided when we would open gifts by walking over and starting the fun himself.

My loves!  Atari isn't pictured here but she attended the party also and I have to say she did very good and was very social.

On May 11 I attended my brother's wedding in Fullerton, CA.
Jesse and Jay

And on May 19 I was the maid of honor and Nathan was the ring bearer in my best friend Christy's wedding.




May 19 was also Ray's birthday.  He was gracious enough to veto his birthday this year for Christy's big day but we still celebrated him.

Funfetti cake with white frosting, chocolate chips, coconut shavings and blue icing - just as requested.

The very handsome birthday boy

SO as you can see, I have been very busy!  I hope to not let another 10 weeks pass before blogging again but with what I have coming my way I can't make any promises!


Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies