Two Months

Casey is now 8 weeks old and will be two months old on Sunday.  She is growing quickly and thriving.  She sleeps less during the day now and is alert, smiling and jabbering when she is awake.  To Ray's frustration her eyes are still crystal blue and her soft hair is filling in.  Nathan is doing great in his role of big brother.  He still asks me to put her down often during the day to focus on him but he also spends time shaking her rattle for her, telling her "hi" and making sure she has her pacifier when she needs it (and sometimes when she doesn't).

I am feeling more and more like a ping pong ball every day.  I bounce back and forth between the two of them all day long.  By the time I feed one the other is hungry, after I change one diaper the next is wet.  I put one of them down to pick the other one up.  I love my time with my babies but my juggling act has me feeling stretched tissue paper thin some days. My biggest fear at the time is that I won't be enough for the two of them; or that I will be just be enough, nothing more.

I want to do more than simply make sure they are both fed and diapered, I want to make each of them smile and laugh during the day.  I don't want for them to be jealous or feel that I am not accessible to them.  I want to do more than care for them, I want them to feel the love I have for each of them.  I am doing my best to get them both everything they need and fit in the things they want.  I wish I was a little more on top of things but for now I am surviving and for my 8th week of being a mother of two I think that is acceptable.

In between the chaos of my days Nathan's laugh and Casey's smile make me feel that I am doing something right.  The love I have for them is indescribable and I am a very blessed person to have them for my babies.

 My loves!

 The smiles I love

 My celebrity.

 Elvis smile!

My beauty.

Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies