Daughters

Before I became pregnant, Ray and I both wanted our first born to be a boy.  When we found out Nathan was a well, Nathan we were very excited. Most people assumed when I got pregnant the second time it was because I wanted a girl, but I actually loved having a boy and thought having two of them would be great.  I wanted to reuse all of the cute baby boy clothes that Nathan grew out of too quickly and both Ray and I enjoyed Nathan's love of playing outside and rough housing.  We imagined all of it times two if we had another boy. 

When I got pregnant the second time I knew almost right away, deep down, that I was having a girl but neither Ray or myself would have been disappointed to find out we were having a boy. Because of that my reaction to Casey's gender-reveal ultrasound surprised me, I was touched to know she was a girl and actually teared up at the news. My excitement was in contrast to my fears of dolls, learning to do hair and everything pink. The adorable clothes I received at my baby shower helped to fuel the excitement but nothing could prepare me for how I feel now.

I love having a daughter! My love for Casey is overwhelming...in a good way. I love everything about her. I love her smile and her laugh, her blue eyes and soft hair. I love the way she curls around me to nurse and the happy way she wakes up in the mornings.  Casey is the sweetest, happiest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I connected with her the minute I saw her and my love has only intensified in the past 3 months.

Some days I look at Casey and I can't believe she is mine. I never felt that I was missing something before she came into my life but now I can't imagine a day without her. I am a blessed mom to know her smile and her grace.


 Pretty Blue Eyes

 My favorite part of nursing

 I cannot get enough of these eyes

Dress up!

Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies