Love
This was Casey's first Valentine's Day and the poor girl was sick. Instead of going out to eat or having a date night in we spent the night caring for her. We don't do much for Valentine's Day so no plans were ruined. I bought Ray a box of candy and he bought me a card, we made baskets for the kids and we were done. I told Ray not to send me flowers...and I meant it. Over the years I have come to realize that love isn't something that is for show. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the flower arrangements and cute stuffed animals that are attached to fun balloons on Valentine's Day and I don't judge anyone for sending or receiving them, it just isn't for me. I would rather have grocery store flowers just because Ray thought I would like them, or a note because he was thinking about me. I am finally confident enough to not need the large show of affection and I am sure Ray is pretty excited about that.
This year, to me, love was being too busy at work to miss a day but staying home anyway because my baby girl needed me...
This year, to me, love was being too busy at work to miss a day but staying home anyway because my baby girl needed me...
Love was a big smile even though she didn't feel good.
Love was a small surprise that made him really happy.
Love was buddies playing together.
Love was a good dad.
I am a blessed woman and I love my family very much every day of the year.




