That First Easter

Today was my dad's first Easter in Heaven. I don't know what it was like but I imagine it was beautiful. I am sure it is better to celebrate Jesus with Jesus than it is here on earth, but selfishly I missed him. I wanted him to celebrate Easter with us, in my living room and at my dining room table. I won't know what Heaven is truly like until I am there myself but selfishly (yes, again) I hope that from Heaven my dad got to see Casey in her dress, she had his heart and you could see his love for her all over his face. I also hope he got to hear Nathan laughing and playing, because he loved to play with him so much. I wish that he could have helped hide the eggs in my backyard but since he couldn't I hope he was able to watch the hunt and smile his perfect smile and laugh his contagious chuckle as the kids gathered their eggs and baskets.


Despite my dad’s absence my family gathered together and celebrated the day the only way that my dad would have found acceptable, we laughed, we played, we talked and most importantly (to my dad) we ate.  We might be down to a table of 7 but this house was filled with a lot of love. 

















 Atari went on a gopher hunt, she thought the eggs were overrated.



Thankfully Easter promises that death is only temporary and I know that my dad is as much a part of my future as he was my past.  I missed my dad so much today and his absence made my heart hurt but I know that one day we will be able to pick up where we last left off and that is the future that I cling to and dream of.

Easter 2013

"And in my darkest night, You shine as bright as day, Your love amazes me"

Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies