For My Mom
When we are young we depend on our mom for everything. We need our mom to feed us, bathe us, change us and get us through every day and night. When we grow up a little we like to think, or act like, we don't need them as much anymore but inside we know that even if we don't need them for things like feeing and bathing we still need them. When we have kids of our own we realize everything that we put our mothers through and begin to see them in a new light.
First of all, let me just say that I know I am incredibly blessed. My mom is a great mom. She is also an amazing Grandma (Grammy and Gammy.) I am fortunate enough to employ my mom as my kids caregiver when I am at work 4 days a week. Not only do I have the security of knowing my kids are with a family member during the day when I cannot be with them, I have the blessing of updates of their day via text message and I sometimes get pictures of them having fun at parks or at lunch with my mom. I am also extremely, extremely blessed to have my mom care for my kids at their own home. Yes, my mom comes to us. She brings her bag of goodies and is at my house every morning, often before I am dressed for work. She helps me get our day going and some days I leave for work with the kids still in their pajamas. If it were not for my mom I don't think I would ever get out of the house on time (or on time-ish, if my boss is reading this.) My mom dresses, feeds and loves my kids every day. I am so blessed.
All of the above is enough to know that my mom is amazing. She truly is. But in addition to all that she does she is also the first person to tell me that I am doing good job in this life. On the mornings I am running out the door feeling guilty for leaving my kids she reminds me that I am a good mom. On the days that I am stressed over laundry, bills and an uncleaned house she tells me she is proud of me. On the days that I think that I wouldn't get by without her she tells me that I am amazing. I don't know that I always agree with her but I am so appreciative of her love and encouragement.
Recently, my washer died. It is extremely easy to take for granted the things we live with every day and when I went without a washing machine in my house I quickly realized how wonderful it is to have. My mom came to the rescue doing laundry at her place for me so that my family would have enough clean until the washer was repaired. When the washer decided it didn't want to be repaired my mom let my kids and I take over her apartment (probably making it messier than it has ever been) while I did laundry there. She watched my kids while I shopped for a new washing machine and offered to take more dirty laundry home with her to help me until the new machine arrived 4 days later.
I often think about trying to find a way to thank my mom for all that she does for me but after this past, washer-less, weekend I realized there is nothing that I can buy my mom and no place that I can take her to show her just how much she means to me and my family. So this blog, these paragraphs, these photos are my attempt to tell her and everyone I know that I am thankful for, appreciative of and forever grateful to my wonderful, amazing mom.
Mom, if you are reading this (and I know you are because you are always first to read my blogs) please know that I love you with all of my heart and I am beyond thankful and grateful for you. My babies love you so incredibly much and there is no proper way to thank you for the love you give them, Atari, Ray and myself. We are all blessed by you. I love you!
First of all, let me just say that I know I am incredibly blessed. My mom is a great mom. She is also an amazing Grandma (Grammy and Gammy.) I am fortunate enough to employ my mom as my kids caregiver when I am at work 4 days a week. Not only do I have the security of knowing my kids are with a family member during the day when I cannot be with them, I have the blessing of updates of their day via text message and I sometimes get pictures of them having fun at parks or at lunch with my mom. I am also extremely, extremely blessed to have my mom care for my kids at their own home. Yes, my mom comes to us. She brings her bag of goodies and is at my house every morning, often before I am dressed for work. She helps me get our day going and some days I leave for work with the kids still in their pajamas. If it were not for my mom I don't think I would ever get out of the house on time (or on time-ish, if my boss is reading this.) My mom dresses, feeds and loves my kids every day. I am so blessed.
All of the above is enough to know that my mom is amazing. She truly is. But in addition to all that she does she is also the first person to tell me that I am doing good job in this life. On the mornings I am running out the door feeling guilty for leaving my kids she reminds me that I am a good mom. On the days that I am stressed over laundry, bills and an uncleaned house she tells me she is proud of me. On the days that I think that I wouldn't get by without her she tells me that I am amazing. I don't know that I always agree with her but I am so appreciative of her love and encouragement.
Recently, my washer died. It is extremely easy to take for granted the things we live with every day and when I went without a washing machine in my house I quickly realized how wonderful it is to have. My mom came to the rescue doing laundry at her place for me so that my family would have enough clean until the washer was repaired. When the washer decided it didn't want to be repaired my mom let my kids and I take over her apartment (probably making it messier than it has ever been) while I did laundry there. She watched my kids while I shopped for a new washing machine and offered to take more dirty laundry home with her to help me until the new machine arrived 4 days later.
I often think about trying to find a way to thank my mom for all that she does for me but after this past, washer-less, weekend I realized there is nothing that I can buy my mom and no place that I can take her to show her just how much she means to me and my family. So this blog, these paragraphs, these photos are my attempt to tell her and everyone I know that I am thankful for, appreciative of and forever grateful to my wonderful, amazing mom.
Mom, if you are reading this (and I know you are because you are always first to read my blogs) please know that I love you with all of my heart and I am beyond thankful and grateful for you. My babies love you so incredibly much and there is no proper way to thank you for the love you give them, Atari, Ray and myself. We are all blessed by you. I love you!



