Goodbye, Farewell 2014

My first reaction when I think about 2014 is "good riddance!"  2014 was rough.  Not only did my dad die but I saw friends and family members loose loved ones - many due to cancer.  It was hard.  It was hard celebrating birthdays and holidays without my dad and it was hard seeing those I loved hurting.  For those reasons I am happy to see 2014 in the rear view mirror.

I had planned on writing a blog titled "Good Riddance" about how happy I was to see the past year gone but then a thought occurred to me.  Some very bad things happened in 2014 and it was a hard year to get through, but it was not all bad.  Good things happened; my kids, my healthy, happy kids flourished, my husband was promoted into a job that he loves, my two best friends gave birth to beautiful baby boys and I learned.  I learned so much this year.  I learned what it meant to have true faith in God.  I learned what true friendship is.  I was given love, forgiveness and strength.  There was enough good in 2014 that it would be a mistake to dismiss the entire year.

In my weakest moments of 2014 I looked to God for strength and He made Himself so big and so real to me that I was able to push through.  I learned how to be obedient to Him and I developed a hunger for God's word that I never had before.  I found a church away from church through podcasts all the way from Montana and I began listening to messages from Fresh Life Church during the week until I could get to my home church again on Sunday.  I saw my kids develop a love for church and through my dad's passing I was able to talk to them about Heaven and Jesus in a way that I couldn't before.  I found a true faith in God that was tested and that stood firm.

If I dismissed 2014 I would miss so much from the kids.  Nathan turned 4 and grew, and grew, and grew!  He loves church and loves school.  He knows his alphabet and numbers and loves to sing.  He has the best imagination I have ever seen in a kid and I love watching what he creates with his toys.  Casey turned 2, but I feel like she turned 7, or 13.  She talks, sings, paints, colors, talks, talks and talks!  She can be sweet and loving and stubborn and determined.  She wants to pick out her own clothes and her own meals and if you choose the wrong shirt for her, watch out!  She has long blonde hair (like Tangled! she says) and her eyes are still crystal blue.  I saw the kids play together so well this year and I am so proud of the little people they are becoming.

This year Ray was promoted at work and I am so proud of the hard work that he does. This year I was especially thankful for Ray as he helped through the roughest year of my life.  I saw the love that he extended to my family and to my friends and I fell even more in love with him.  He talked to me when I felt lost and he always helped me find my way.  He is a great dad and I love the way that our kids look at him.  I also love that no matter how big the kids get they still look small when Ray holds them.

I had strength in friendship this year that I could never measure.  I received messages of love and sympathy from so many people, I was overwhelmed - in a good way.  Friendships were restored and made stronger.  I welcomed two new "nephews" into my family by choice and I am in love with the babies of my two very best friends.

So yes, 2014 was hard but through the hurt and heartache came love, strength and faith.  I refuse to say good riddance to 2014 but instead I will say Goodbye and Farewell, and I will pray that 2015 brings much happiness, and good health to all of those around me.

"In Oceans Deep, My Faith Will Stand"

January 

February

March

 April

 Baby Jax

 Baby Liam

 April

May

 June

 July 

 August

September

 October

 November

My Love

December






Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies