My Faith for the Middle
I know in my mind that I am meant to be here but I am still waiting to feel in my heart that I belong.
Sometimes we feel flourishing like the large green tree in the background of my photo. Our phones are alive with messages, our homes are filled with family and friends and life is good. But sometimes we feel like the tree in the foreground, bare and empty. We are planted and have roots to give us life but are feeling alone and cold and are waiting for Spring. It’s the time when our phones stay silent and the guest sheets collect dust that it is hard to feel flourishing. It’s times like these that we(I) need to remember the gift we have in Jesus. We need to remember that He will never leave us and is always with us.
Pastor Robert Madu calls it "Faith for the Middle" When you have come out of one place but aren’t yet settled in the place you were delivered to. I am out of California but California isn’t out of me. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss my job. I miss being warm! But God has a plan for me and I know that even if it is hard, it is good. I like Utah; I love the views, the air makes me feel alive and like I can breathe, I love the friends I have made, I love my church and the people I am so blessed to serve with and learn from.
To quote Robert Madu again, I am in process. I can't give up. I need to keep walking. I am going to enjoy this time in my life and trust it will lead me to exactly who I was born to be.

