Auld Lang Syne

2010 has been an intense year for me.  This year was filled with extreme highs and emotional lows.  Relationships were born, tested, broken, and made stronger than ever.  In all that filled 2010 I will always remember it as the year my first baby was born.  My first year as a mom took me from exhaustion to overwhelmed to the greatest love I have ever felt.  Nothing has defined me the way motherhood has defined me.  It has highlighted traits in me that have always been there and has made me realize that I can be a much stronger person than ever before.

This year instead of celebrating the New Year coming in and the old going out I am at home while Nathan sleeps in his crib upstairs.  Do I wish I had a fabulous party to attend?  Yes.  But Nathan means more to me than anything ever has before and for him I would stay home every night.

Instead of remembering all that happened this year I will simply remember it as the year Nathan was born.  I am leaving behind any bad memories of the year and taking forward all of the good memories.

Here's to a 'rockin' New Year!