Nathan's First Christmas

I have never taken down my Christmas Tree before New Years.  I love Christmas and all of the decorations it brings with it, so I always wait until the last minute to take them down and am always sad to see them go.  This year our apartment felt extremely small with the baby gear and Christmas decorations combined.  I wanted to restore our space to as clutter free as possible and started taking down the decorations much earlier than normal.  I thought that I was really ready to see them go so I was surprised when I got sad placing the tree ornaments back into their boxes.  I started to realize that putting everything away meant Christmas was really over, even more important Nathan's first Christmas was over.  I had been looking forward to it for so long and then all of the sudden it was finished.  I got sad and took down the ornaments a bit more slowly than I had anticipated.  Now all of the signs of Christmas are put back into their boxes and are in the garage but I know I shouldn't be sad because I will always remember his first Christmas in my mind and in our pictures.







Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies