The Big Day

Tomorrow is the big day, it is the day that Baby will make 5!  My doctor has scheduled to induce labor at 5:30 tomorrow morning.  Baby is fully developed and since Tuesdays are the doctor's hospital days he would rather induce me than let me go over-due.  I have no idea how long it will take but I am hoping that  June 12, 2012 will be the birthday of my baby girl.

It is hard to describe what is going on in my head right now.  Luckily I think that I am so pre-occupied with thoughts that the reality of labor (and its aftermath) isn't really sinking in.  My first thoughts automatically go to Nathan and I can't help but feel a sense of guilt for what he has coming towards him.  I know that in the long run this will be good for him but I also know it will be very confusing and probably frustrating for him in the beginning.  My boy loves his momma and I am just not sure how he will react to me not being able to respond to him right away like I do now.  I am going to do my very best to make sure his routine is affected as little as possible but I know better than to think it won't change at all.  Even though I am excited for him to become a big brother I can't help but think that this was the last day of his innocence before he had to learn to share his parents.  I am praying for a smooth transition for all of us.

Being Nathan's mom has without a doubt been the best, most fulfilling experience of my life.  I am sure that adding our baby girl to the mix will only double that fulfillment.  I cannot yet imagine what it will really be like to have two kids.  It may sound silly but having two kids makes everything more real, like Ray and I are really adults now.  I see two car seats in our car and the pink bedding in the crib upstairs but I can't yet imagine day to day life.  I have read that going from one kid to two kids is much easier than going from none to one so my fingers are crossed!

I know that the next few weeks will seem like a blur and I am sure they will present challenges but whenever I think of Thanksgiving and Christmas with both kids I can't help but smile.  I wonder what "the kids" will be for Halloween and I can already picture them playing outside together in a year or so when she is older.  I would be lying if I said I didn't have any anxiety or worry over what is to come but I have been blessed with an amazing husband, beautiful son, caring family and friends and I am praying that God sees us through this time.

Here's to praying for a good labor, smooth transition for my family and my last post as a family of just four!


2 Car Seats, 1 Dog: No Problem!

Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies