Little Moments

Ray and I have survived our first two weeks of life with a newborn and a two year old!  Ray likes to keep a count of how many days we have "kept the kids alive" and we are pretty proud of our track record so far.  We have spent most of our days at home but are still managing to have fun and enjoy our little moments with our little ones.

Little Moment #1:  Nathan has decided that he is now ok with his little sister.  He no longer cries when I need to feed her and sometimes even snuggles next to me in the chair.  He has also decided he wants to hold her like we do.  I haven't been able to capture a picture of this adorableness yet because it takes both of my hands to make sure it happens safely but he often comes up to me with his hands out and points to Casey.  I tell him he can hold her and he runs to sit down.  Normally she is in his arms about 2 seconds before he decides he is done with her and is ready to jump down and move on to something else but the moments he spends "holding" her are extremely sweet.

Little Moment #2:  During one of Nathan's moments of wanting to hold Casey she was resting on his lap when, um...nature called.  Girl or boy, newborns do not care about manners and lets just say nature is loud.  Nathan looked at her, looked at me and just started laughing.  His laugh and the moment made me burst out in laughter.  Nathan and I just sat there looking at each other laughing.  It was the highlight of my day!

Little Moment #3:  I was giving Casey a bath and Nathan ran in to see what we were doing.  He took one look at her umbilical cord stump and yelled "poo poo!"

Little Moment #4:  Casey does not yet like her baths.  She cried most of the way through her first bath until I started washing her hair.  As soon as I poured the water over her hair and put that shampoo in she fell silent with her eyes open wide proving that all girls love getting their hair washed, no matter what age they are.

Little Moment #5:  Nathan started throwing food down to Atari from his chair a long time ago.  He loves to throw and it was always very obvious what he was doing.  Just this week though Nathan started "sneaking" food to her.  A few nights ago we were having something for dinner that he was not excited about (even though he loved it the day before) and asked to get down and not eat dinner.  I told him to eat it and he seemed to behave himself until I looked over and realized he was picking up the pieces of food and secretly dropping them between his legs to a very excited dog who was perfectly placed under his chair.

These two really do keep life exciting!

 My little loves!

Popular posts from this blog

It Never Fails

Really?!

Time Flies