Today
Today as we were taking down our Christmas tree and I was putting away all of the Christmas decorations I started thinking ahead to next year. Whenever I box up holiday decorations I think forward to the next time I am pulling out all of the decorations I am putting away, and I wonder what things will be like. The next time I bring out our tubs of Christmas decorations I wonder what Nathan and Casey will be like. I wonder how tall they will be, what they will be interested in and what toys will be on their Christmas lists. I wonder where Ray and I will be in our jobs and whether or not we will still be in our current house. There is so much excitement when the decorations come out but a little sadness and reflection when they go away. For me I wonder what the next year has in store for the Wilhelm family.
I know it has been a while since I have blogged but todays thoughts brought me back to it.
When I think about the differences in Casey from last Christmas to this Christmas it is almost like a different baby. Last Christmas she couldn't talk, couldn't walk and had to use a Bumbo to sit upright to 'open' her gifts. This Christmas she ran around with Nathan in their new trampoline and played with his Batmobile along with her dolls. She talks, walks, talks and talks. She is such a beautiful little girl and I am so lucky she is mine.
Last Christmas Nathan was in diapers. I absolutely cannot believe it. I can't imagine my big boy wearing a diaper. Nathan is a little over three and half years old and he comes up to my belly button. MY belly button! In the past year he became potty trained, started school and played on his first soccer team. He impresses me more every day and I love his sweet soul and creative imagination.
Ray is very happy in his new job and I am so proud of him. I know most of my writing is about the kids but I am very blessed to have a husband that I love and that I like. I love spending time with him and still look forward to our dates. He is such a great man and dad and I am blessed to have him in my life.
I have no idea where Ray, Nathan, Casey, Atari and myself will be at this time next year but I know that God is good and wherever he takes us is where we will go.
Here's to everything in between today and 365 days from now!
I know it has been a while since I have blogged but todays thoughts brought me back to it.
When I think about the differences in Casey from last Christmas to this Christmas it is almost like a different baby. Last Christmas she couldn't talk, couldn't walk and had to use a Bumbo to sit upright to 'open' her gifts. This Christmas she ran around with Nathan in their new trampoline and played with his Batmobile along with her dolls. She talks, walks, talks and talks. She is such a beautiful little girl and I am so lucky she is mine.
Last Christmas Nathan was in diapers. I absolutely cannot believe it. I can't imagine my big boy wearing a diaper. Nathan is a little over three and half years old and he comes up to my belly button. MY belly button! In the past year he became potty trained, started school and played on his first soccer team. He impresses me more every day and I love his sweet soul and creative imagination.
Ray is very happy in his new job and I am so proud of him. I know most of my writing is about the kids but I am very blessed to have a husband that I love and that I like. I love spending time with him and still look forward to our dates. He is such a great man and dad and I am blessed to have him in my life.
I have no idea where Ray, Nathan, Casey, Atari and myself will be at this time next year but I know that God is good and wherever he takes us is where we will go.
Here's to everything in between today and 365 days from now!
2012
2013
